While air conditioners may appear to be one of history’s greatest inventions for individuals who live in hot regions, they may be quite unsettling when they rattle all night. The only thing worse than checking into a hotel with a noisy air conditioner unit is having a noisy air conditioner at home!
Your HVAC system may be creating a range of alarming noises, like pounding, buzzing, and hissing, to name a few. These noises, of course, indicate a much more serious problem than their impact on your peace. This might call for air conditioning repair in Mesa, AZ.
Tips on Reducing Air Conditioner Noise
Given Below are a Few Tips for Reducing AC Noise:
- Try building a fence in front or around the air conditioner to create a sound barrier and stop the sound from moving. You can choose to fence the air conditioner with plywood or buy an air conditioner fence. To allow proper air movement, maintain the fence at least 3 feet away from the air conditioner. If you want to reduce noise, make sure there are no gaps between the fence boards. By overlapping the fence boards, you can reduce gaps.
- Place your air conditioner away from common areas, such as bedroom windows, living rooms, and patios. The further you are from your air conditioner, the less noise it makes.
- Avoid placing your air conditioner against brick walls or other shiny surfaces since this may generate an echoing effect, amplifying the noise.
- You can try to enclose the air conditioner with fencing, but keep in mind that if ventilation is restricted, performance may suffer.
- Air conditioners are loud, and the less expensive the air conditioner, the more noise it will likely create. For this reason, premium air conditioners with lower noise levels are built. If you can’t handle the sound of your present air conditioner and have tried to lessen it but are still unhappy, consider upgrading to a higher model that is designed to be quieter and more efficient.