Six Most Common HVAC Issues
This article explains the most simple problems that might arise in the HVAC system and tricks to prevent them from the beginning.
What are the Common Problems That Develop Inside the HVAC System?
We have made a list of all the problems with their solution to help and boost the AC services’ efficiency:
• Uneven Airflow and Temperature
A gap in the duct system or loose pipe fittings in the network can lead to such problems.
Moreover, air filters accumulated with dust can also cause such problems. The simple solution is to replace the air filter and keep a check on the duct system. If there is a small hole in the pipe, the tape should fix the issue, but call Chandler air conditioning repair if it is more than a small hole.
• Malfunctioning Thermostat
Check the thermostat batteries before replacing the thermostat with a new modern and smart thermostat available on the market. A programmable thermostat helps keep track of all the activities and notifies you about humidity or air quality levels issues.
• Heat Pump Issues
Icy winds and snowfall may affect the working of HVAC systems which is why covering and protecting them is essential. It may be costly, but it prevents expensive repairs or emergency breakdowns. Also, keep the frost away from the components, which can affect their quality.
• Frozen Pipes
Ice starts forming on the AC and heating equipment due to evaporator malfunction. The refrigerant leak may be the cause of ice formation on the pipes.
• Dirty Air Filters
Dirty and dusty air filters block the air passage, and the components like the compressor and condenser do not get enough air to proceed with the cooling process. As a result, it increases the chances of a complete breakdown in the worst case and compressor failure.
• Carbon Monoxide Leaks
Carbon monoxide leaks are dangerous to your family’s health and security. The carbon monoxide (CO) gas is a by-product of the cooling process, and it exits the residence premises from the flue vent. Call the AC repair Gilbert AZ, immediately if you can sense a rotten egg smell.
How to Prevent all the Issues and Protect the AC System from Repair Issues?
- Schedule the AC maintenance service for heating and cooling equipment before the season commences.
- Replace the air filter during the season and clean the filter when the season ends.
- Covering the air conditioning Mesa AZ system outdoor unit has harsh weather that may hamper the essential AC components.
- It is better to avoid using the HVAC systems at extreme temperatures to provide more comfort and relief.
- Check the condensate drains and condensate pan for any significant blockage or damaged sign, and call the services to prevent it from becoming a massive problem in the longer run.
If you find any issues in your AC or heating system, call the technicians performing heating and air conditioning repair in Mesa AZ, before the peak season for affordable rates.
Sharp Air Conditioning and Heating professionals are always at your service for all seasons. Call (480)-695-7834 today!