A Clogged Drain Problem
A common call we get asking us to come out is when an air conditioning drain line becomes clogged. This is an easily fixed and easily avoidable problem, but one that needs to be fix fast when it happens.
When warm air from your home comes in contact with your evaporator coil, it creates condensation. This water condensation needs somewhere to drain and usually your system is equipped with a drain pan and pipe running either to the ground outside your house or maybe into a rain gutter on the roof. If this drain line is clogged, you can be facing some potentially serious issues.
In this situation, you have two options. Call the professionals at Sharp Air Conditioning & Heating to take care of the issue, or you can do it yourself. If you are an avid DIY-er.
Here is a quick trick you can use to unclog that drain.
- Get a wet/dry vacuum.
- Find the end of the main drain line outside your house.
- Connect the wet/dry vacuum to the end of the drain line. Make sure there are no air leaks.
- Turn on the wet/dry vacuum and hold on!
- Leave the vacuum on for about 3-4 minutes. Check your vacuum to see what treasures you pulled out of the drain line, and your done!
If you still have a clogged drain after following these steps or you don’t feel comfortable with this process, give us a call for furnace repair in Mesa AZ also. And we will be more than happy to take care of the issue for you.
You can avoid having a clogged drain problem by getting an annual tune up through the Sharp Air Maintenance Program. As part of your Program, our technicians will come out twice a year for regularly scheduled maintenance, and checking your drain lines is part of your maintenance.
Sharp Air Conditioning & Heating also provides these services at affordable prices.
- AC repair Gilbert
- Heating and Cooling Mesa AZ
- Air Conditioning Repair Mesa
- Air Conditioning Chandler AZ